Nearly Two Decades of Dedication
Licensed Professional Counselor with a passion for wellness and nearly 20 years of experience helping clients and families develop strength-based approaches to overcome trauma, addiction, developmental disorders and complex barriers to healthy living. Excels in creative treatment programming for the individual or the agency. Known for a determined positive attitude.
Lead Clinician – Foundations Behavioral Health Residential Program – August 2010 to present.
- Primary therapeutic care provider for 8-12 residents, age 14-21, with complex trauma, attachment, conduct, autism or other developmental disabilities.
- Design and implement evidence-based individual, group and family therapy and in vivo Life Skill training.
- Present data in Rounds, Case Consultation and Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Planning Conferences integrating providers, residents and families.
- Supervise a team of eight therapists and social workers providing care for over 40 residents.
- Meet with CEO and Executive Directors in daily hospital-wide review of events.
- Collaborate with educators and administrators in bi-monthly school-based treatment team meetings and bi-annually Individual Educational Plan review conferences.
- Design and oversite of Empowerment House, a community-based residential program for transitional age residents requiring supported reintegration with mainstream life.
- Design and lead a multidisciplinary team in implementation of Steps to Success, a developmentally driven, person-centered Phase System for building adaptive skills.
- Teach Verbal De-Escalation training program to classes of up to 20 hospital staff.
- Teach Autism Program Orientation to classes of up to 20 hospital staff.
- Consult and assist in program development for an increasingly diverse population.
- Interview and assess prospective residents in-home or in-hospital prior to intake.
- Training and orientation of clinical staff.
- Collaborate with government agencies, law enforcement, county support agencies, outreach organizations and community mental health providers.
Primary Therapist – Today Incorporated – February 2008 to August 2010.
- Primary therapeutic care provider for 8-12 residents, age 13-19, with addiction, conduct, mental health and juvenile justice issues.
- Provided individual, group and family therapy, psychoeducational lectures, and behavioral interventions concurrent with a Modified Treatment Community format.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Master Treatment Plans, maintained detailed case notes, and established multi-faceted continuing care plans.
- Maintained an integrated support relationship with government agencies.
- Acted as Shift Supervisor over 3-4 staff and 25-40 clients on a weekly basis.
Licensed Professional Counselor #PC008904 – Pennsylvania State Board – April 2016
Masters of Science in Christian Counseling – Cairn University 2004 to 2006
Bachelors of Science in Bible and Christian Leadership – Cairn University – 2002 to 2004
Associates of the Arts in Journalism – Bucks County Community College – 1997 to 2000
Functional Behavioral Assessment and Treatment Planning – PA Bureau of Autism Services,
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing – Emdria, November 2013 to May 2014
Co-Occurring Disorder Core Competency Training Series, Bucks County Drug & Alcohol Commission – Winter 2007 to Fall 2008.
Functional Behavioral Assessment and Treatment Planning – PA Bureau of Autism Services – August 2016
Group Crisis Intervention – International Critical Incident Stress Foundation – July 2015
Verbal De-Escalation Instructor – Universal Health Services – November 2015
Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse – University of Pittsburgh – February 2015
Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – National Child Traumatic Stress Network – July 2014
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing – EMDR International Association – May 2014
Addressing the Effects of Complex Trauma in Recovery – Bucks County Drug and Alcohol Commission – June 2010
Community Service Experience
Chaplain – Chaplaincy Ministry of Calvary Chapel of Central Bucks (CCCB) – May 2015 to Present
Red Cross Disaster Spiritual Care Team Member – August 2015 to present
Life Counselor – Side by Side Counseling Program (CCCB) – July 2007 to January 2013
Director of Male Counseling – ChoiceOne Sexual Health Center – 2006 to 2007
Professional Committees and Program Development
Now is the Time: Healthy Transitions Task Force – Recruited member of Bucks County team constructing a comprehensive governmental support system for Transitional Age Youth with mental illness following national SAMHSA grant mandate.
Trauma Advisory Committee – Ongoing implementation of SAMHSA guidelines for Trauma Informed Care.
Joint Commission Preparation Team – Unit Team Leader for hospital wide reaccreditation preparation initiative.
General Existential Therapy (GET) Groups – Created in-vivo therapy group program building diverse life engagement skills for up to 20 residents bi-monthly.
Spirituality in Recovery – Psychoeducational therapy group series exploring and applying values of all faiths, creeds and world views in recovery. Today Incorporated, 2010.
Invited Lectures and Events
Now is the Time in Bucks County Conference – Master of Ceremonies – Facilitated the conference on building Transitional Age Youth Mental Illness support services for over 300 attendees from Bucks, Montgomery and Chester counties. June 2016.
My Story – Psychoeducational lecture in using narrative reframe to promote resiliency, overcoming disabilities and traumatic history. Magellan MY LIFE and Bucks Life, May 2015
Supporting a Wellness Lifestyle – Lecture and Question/Answer format engagement integrating personal application of group and professional support in long-term health management. Abington Weight Management Center, Quarterly 2014 to present.
Bucks County Resiliency Conference – Collaborated with county mental health office in a bi-yearly conference celebrating healing and hope in recovery from mental health and drug and alcohol issues. Bucks County Office of Mental Health. May 2012 and May 2014.
Member in good standing of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), American Counseling Association (ACA), EMDR International Association (EMDRIA), and International Positive Psychology Association (IPPA) as well as the ACA sub-groups of Creativity in Counseling, Wellness Interest Network and Neurocounseling.
Full Curriculum Vitae available upon request.
Please note that the ideas, opinions, insanity and frivolity published here are totally my own and not representing the view of any past or present employer or agency with which I work.